New Rise Feature: Content Library integration

May 24, 2017

I'm excited to let you know that you can now add Content Library photos and illustrations to your Rise lessons. You can search Content Library right from within Rise and add images with one click.

Check out this Peek video to see how easy it is:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/75b35a4e-243f-42b0-b5e3-d54c683d1de5/review

We'll be adding integration with Content Library icons and characters down the road.

64 Replies
JIllian Rickertt

Videos can be useful to mix up online strategies. I would consider for example a text block atcthe start of a course, explaining what the video is about, then rwlating it to the content I am presenting. FFor exanple for team building there is a useful video with a group of ducks, two of  whom have a peck at each other. This would be useful the likes of group development. 

Amanda Ingles

How am I able to modify an image after it's loaded into the course.  For example:  I have a picture of a couple and I'm using the text on image feature.  When I upload the image from content library it cuts off their heads.  The only way I can see their heads if I return multiple times and then the image is too big--what am I missing here?

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Amanda!  A best practice for Rise is to use images where important details won't be lost if the edges are cropped, especially in full width image blocks. Rise courses are fully responsive, so your images may have different dimensions as they adapt to different devices and orientations.  Check out this article for more detail.

In your setup, the Text on Image block is full width, meaning Rise wants the image to cover the lesson from edge to edge horizontally while matching the space needed for your text.  Rise won't stretch or skew your images.  Instead, they may get cropped to fit into the full width blocks and cover photo areas. 

As an alternative, you could edit the image to add your text overlay, and insert it as a centered image to maintain its aspect ratio.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.