87 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cherry,

Looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email! No worries, this Peek video will show you how to remove it. 

You're always welcome to ask more questions here or start a new discussion! 

Could you share a bit more about how you'll use the narratives? I have seen that phrased used for translation, transcripts, etc. so I want to make sure I point you in the right direction! 

James Washington

Unfortunately, the audio feature provided via block content will not work for my purposes as I would like. I can add audio as its own independent block, i.e. Block + Multimedia but what I'm trying to do is to have it synced with a block of content for another feature from the block library, for example, Block + Image + Image and Text...I don't see a way to have it run with another block outside of the Multimedia block option.

Also, I don't see an option within the Multimedia block for providing images + text to run concurrently with audio. If I'm missing something, let me know!

PS: I attached a pic of the block item content I'm trying provide audio for.

Thanks Jackie. I do love recording a quick Peek video. ☺️ 

Semaj, 

Thanks for the image! Have you looked at adding a Multimedia block with an audio file directly below  or above your image/text block? That way it would appear as if the items were grouped together and the user would see the play button to start the audio. 

So it would look like this in your Rise course:

You'll see I removed most of the padding associated with the Audio block so that it was even closer to the image/text. The user would click the play button to start the audio.

Britney Osbern

I love seeing the examples!  Any plans/thoughts on having webinars focused on RISE?  Maybe more examples and challenges so we can see what others are creating?  The example above is so helpful, Ashley.  I'm authoring in RISE right now and will continue to use it heavily throughout the year.  I've reviewed all the RISE resources on Youtube, peek videos within this community, and signed up for the Articulate Live webinar which has been helpful - I'm ready to take my skills to the next level. 

Hi Britney,

The Articulate Live schedule is here for May and June - and I'll let the team know you'd like to see more topics on Rise! I bet you're not the only one. 😉 

Also, I know David is always looking for other Challenge ideas - so I'll give him a nudge too. 

I personally don't spend a lot of time creating whole courses, but one of the ways I've expanded my skills in Rise is answering questions here in the E-Learning Heroes community! I had to dig in and learn it just like you are. Granted, that's my job...but, trying to solve a problem for another community member could get you to think a little differently and test out features you haven't yet used. If you're curious what people are asking - and the answers shared - you can subscribe to an entire Product discussion. You'll get email notifications for anything new or replies - your choice: 

Hope that helps - and I'd love to see what you've created in Rise so far! 

Hi Karen,

Have you looked at building this in Engage or Storyline 360? Both of those would allow you to create a single slide with a labelled graphic and no navigation. You've got a lot of choices with Articulate 360 and it can be overwhelming to determine which tool to use when. A lot of e-learning pros weighed in for a recent article on when to use Rise vs. Storyline that may help. 

If you'll be hosting the course in your LMS, use the publish to LMS option and you can choose the tracking option of "slides viewed" so that a score isn't reported to your LMS. 

karen Wondergem

We are on macs and are looking for something quick and cloud based like Rise for our curriculum dept. We already have storyline, but unfortunately the learning curve is an issue, and being primarily mac with no parallels is also an issue. I am not seeing that engage is web based?

James Washington

Karen,

I'm also running on Mac but I haven't used Engage. I thought all the 360 products were cloud based but I could be wrong; maybe they are subscription based but not necessarily cloud. I have used Rise and its working out pretty good thus far...of course there doesn't seem to be another way other than to run on a parallel environment at this point.

Hi Karen,

Looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email! No worries, this Peek video will show you how to remove it. 

Storyline and Studio (which includes Engage) are not native Mac applications, so you'd need to run them in a Windows environment (Parallels, VMWare or Bootcamp are popular ones). Rise is a web based authoring tool, and we have a bit more information about using Articulate 360 in a Mac environment here.  

Semaj, 

Articulate 360 is a subscription service, but software like Storyline and Studio are installed locally and you can see the system requirements of Articulate 360 here. 

Cyntia Paré

Hello everyone!

Love this "new" feature. Although is there a where to modify the text labels, as for the other labels in the lesson?

Even if my project is in french, I am still getting : Complete the content above before moving on. & Continue.

I'm hoping to hear from someone soon, in order to be able to use that Block.

Thank you!

Hi Lisa, 

Great question!

Button blocks won't be a part of the "complete all the blocks above" for use with the Continue button (so the user won't need to click all the buttons to continue).  This is based on how buttons take you somewhere else entirely, either to a different lesson or outside of Rise altogether. 

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.