103 Replies
Anthony Goss

Very helpful.  Two questions:

1.  For more than one question, I am assuming you will have to create additional knowledge check blocks.  It would be nice to have something where the user could tab through several questions in case there was more than one.  

2.  This feedback is not graded.  Right?  It is more of a formative assessment of student learning. Is it tracked for completion in TinCan?  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anthony,

Glad the Knowledge Checks will help you out with your course! As far as adding more than one question, you could keep adding them within the Block, or create it as a new lesson listed below. Quick Peek recording of how those two options will look. Are you looking to have a tab option vs. scrolling with the mouse or advancing with the click on the "next lesson" at the bottom?  If there's a bit more information you could share on that request I can pass it along to our team! 

Correct, the Knowledge Checks are not graded or scored as a Quiz lesson would be and tracked within the LMS. Also, our Tin Can API (xAPI) support is coming soon, and we'll keep folks posted with update discussions such as this one in the E-Learning Heroes community and you can always check the Rise Version History page. 

Hi Helena,

We've got a feature in the works to allow you to edit labels within Rise (such as the Start course button, or the words correct/incorrect). When that feature is released, you'd be able to remove those text strings and/or change them to something else and still include feedback for users on a Knowledge Check. That new feature is slated for release in Q1 of 2017, so stay tuned! 

Hi Brenda,

With the Knowledge Checks they are designed as ungraded, lean forward moments to help a user check their understanding of a topic or content. This set up empowers the user to take  an informal, ungraded moment before moving forward. If they don't answer the Knowledge check they can scroll past it to advance to the next lesson or next section within Blocks. 

Adam Schwartz

Brenda - to be clear to others here, you are referring to a Quiz setting. (not a Knowledge Check block setting.)

This one:

https://cl.ly/1a1H0c1d1O1j

When this is set to off, we don't include the Quiz as one of the lessons in the lesson count. So in the course when it says Lesson 1 of 7, we would not include in there for instance. 

Samarpan Dutta

Our team is considering using Rise to develop responsive eLearning courses. Since everyone on the team is a long-term Articulate user, we're hoping it'd be a smooth transition. However, one key feature in all our courses is to include unique evaluative feedback for each answer choice in the knowledge check question. Is this something that is possible to accomplish  using Rise? 

Thanks a lot in advance to all the community members for any insights/guidance.

Wish everyone here  a very happy 2017!

Best,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Happy New Year to you as well! This actually got brought up in a meeting earlier today to have answer specific feedback (similar to what you may have used in Storyline before) so I know the team is taking a look at that as an option. I don't have any other intel at the moment, but it's helpful to know that's a key feature for you and I passed this discussion along to our team! 

Thanks for reaching out, and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions as you dive into using Rise! 

Samarpan Dutta

Thanks, Ashley!

Hope this gets addressed soon! I'm also interested to see if any of our brilliant community members can think of a 'work-around' for the time being. With the kind of Articulate fire-power going around in this community, won't be surprised if someone takes up the challenge and helps the community with a temporary work around. I guess this feature would be useful for a lot of other learning design groups.

Best,

Sam

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.