103 Replies
Tim Bobo

I am really frustrated with the quiz functionality.  1) When you check "include in lesson count", it just updates the counter.  But it still marks the quiz as complete, even if they fail it.  It should only mark complete if they pass it, or at least that should be an option.  2) It is a real bummer that we have to choose only ONE quiz to count as the final score.  NONE of my clients want their courses to work this way.

My other issue is with blocks, all the block interactions are counted as complete if you just scroll to the bottom of the page.  The learner does not have to actually complete any of the interactions in a block segment.  I have written in detailed feedback on this point, and the Rise development team insists this is exactly how they want the blocks to work, which just seems crazy.  It seems like no instructional designer is involved in key decision making here.  It is like the programmers are deciding what is important in this eLearning platform more than instructional designers.

I would be very very happy to be wrong on any of the points above.  I would also be happy if I got and update that said these issues will be fixed in an update coming soon.

Crystal Horn

Hi Tim. Thanks for your honesty, here. I'd love to let you know about a couple of developments that address your needs!

• First, have you been able to try the Continue block as a a solution for making sure learners are interacting with the content within your blocks lessons?

Continue blocks pace learners by revealing content when the learner clicks on the Continue button. You can even edit the availability of a Continue button to only show once one or all of the block interactions above have been completed. No more scrolling for completion!
  • Next, we have a feature on the map where navigation is restricted until learners pass a quiz. I don't have a timetable on that yet, but we've heard the demand!

You mentioned the need for tracking multiple quizzes in Rise. Rise, like Storyline, will pass one tracking element, such as a quiz result or a total percentage of the course view. Would a feature to combine the results of multiple quizzes, like Storyline has, be something you'd like to see in Rise too? I'd love to know a bit more about your needs to pass that on to our team!

Rainer Drömer

The knowledge check is amazing! Thanks for this block! But I do have two questions/wishes:

After submitting the first try, the right answer gets marked with a check mark, the wrong answers with cross symbols. Hence, the user immediately sees the solution after his first try (independent of "take again"-setting is active/non-active). Is there any opportunity to hide the labelled answers?

And, is it possible to show answer specific feedback? This would be pretty fine: if wrong answers were submitted, specific feedback to each single wrong answer will be shown. vice versa, if the right answer was submitted, specific feedback concerning only this answer will pop-up.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rainer and Antony!

The knowledge check block will reveal the correct answer after one attempt by default, but I think providing a "try again" option is a neat idea. Would you mind telling me a little more about why that would come in handy for you? What type of scenario would you use it in? 

Also, we are looking at adding the ability to track quiz question-level data via a learning management system. I don't have a timeframe of when that feature will be released, but we'll let you know here as soon as it's ready. 

Thanks so much for letting us know how we can make things better!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.