New Rise Feature: Send a Copy

May 20, 2017

We've shipped another much-requested feature for Rise. You can now easily send a copy of your course to another Rise author. It's a great feature when you need to share a source file with a client or colleague.

Here's a Peek vid on the feature:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c7e701a4-0a54-41cd-a6dd-e985b0ead7c9/review

Keep in mind that both parties will have an independent copy of the same project. Changes you make to the course won't appear in the other author's version, and vice versa. Soon we will be releasing the Collaborators feature which will allow multiple authors to work on the same course. 

Enjoy!

76 Replies
Ian Kent

Hi, Silvia... and Crystal. I just tested this again about 20 minutes ago, before I saw Crystal's response (as linked by Ashley). I confirm that the Hidden Author attribute assumes the default setting (i.e., it's not hidden) after the course copy is received by the second owner; also, the second owner now shows as the author. Glad to hear your client was able to re-hide this on their own.

The custom labels are trickier. As Crystal mentions (which I learned the hard way!), you have to be careful to click on "Create New" to assign a unique name for your label set. Otherwise, you'll end up changing all of your default label names, and (at least for me) every course created ever after will have the same custom labels applied. :)

I'm glad to hear there's a way to export my custom label set so the second owner can apply it. I'll try testing that over the next couple of days.

Disclaimer:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message is directed in confidence solely to the person named above. The information in this message, and any attachment, may be proprietary, confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (at our expense) or by e-mail and delete this message, without making a copy. Thank you for your cooperation. Version française.

Avertissement :

Avis relatif à la confidentialité :

Le présent message est destiné exclusivement à la personne dont le nom figure ci-dessus. L’information qu’il contient peut être privée, confidentielle, privilégiée et exempte de divulgation aux termes des lois applicables. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé par ce message, veuillez noter que l’utilisation, la distribution, la reproduction ou la divulgation de ce message est interdite. Si vous avez reçu le présent message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement par téléphone (à nos frais) ou par courriel et supprimer ce message, sans en faire de copie. Merci de votre collaboration.

Crystal Horn

Hi Silvia!  I answered you over here in this discussion, so I'm just linking the two.

To recap:

• The hidden author setting for the course will not carry over when you send a copy to another user.  Because the copy becomes a new course on that dashboard, the author information is new.  The recipient should be able to change the author setting on their copy.
  • Custom label sets are unique to your Rise account, and they will not transfer over with a copied course.  You can export label sets, however, and send them to the recipient of the copied course!
  • Also, Steve you mentioned that links are removed from buttons.  Are you using the interactive button stack?  Are the links going to URLs or directly to lessons in the course?  We tested a few scenarios, and the links were still working in the copied course.

Thanks for the feedback, and let me know how you're making out!

Laura Buell

Yes, I found the same issue with the "hide author" option toggling back on in the copy. I am making a branded version for members of my team to be able to create their own content easily. For now I can tell them to turn off the author, and check the labels (thanks Silvia for mentioning the custom button text.)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

We released some new collaboration features to Rise today:

You can access all the Articulate 360 and Rise tutorials from this page. 

Today's update to Articulate 360 included a few other important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

Let us know if you need anything else! 

Misha Milshtein

Hello Ashley and Articulate team.

I am looking at the copy of the Rise course that was sent to me by one of my developers. He used his own copy to produce the course, but sent it to me for the purposes of transferring the ownership.

Upon copying all media on the copied course appeared to be replaced with some sort of stock footage (video) and music) audio.

I do not want to post the links in the open forum but will produce if needed.

Does this sound familiar? Anyone else experienced this?

Thank you

Hi Misha,

That definitely doesn't sound familiar to me, so we'd want to take a look! 

If you want to reach out here, our Support Engineers can share directions on how you (or your developer) can share a copy with us so that we can take a look too. I'd also want to see the Share link from Rise to demonstrate what you're seeing vs. what you expect. 

Lee Stapleton

This "send a copay" feature is not working for us.  It gets stuck on "sending" and never sends the email. Pleas assist.  I have already submitted an Articulate Support ticket for this, but I'm waiting for a response.  I've tried it on multiple MacBook Pro laptops and different browsers (Safari and Chrome).

B B

Hey team,

Scenario: I am creating courses for a client using my personal Rise account. They would like to keep a copy of the course but do not have an active rise account or any Articulate account for that matter.

Q: How can I send them a copy so that if a future ID comes along and needs to make changes/updates to the source file?

I just tested with my other non-articulate email address and it wont let me share. 

"You may only send copies to users who have an Articulate 360 subscription."

Thank you! 

Hi Bailey, 

You'll only be able to send a copy of a Rise course to another user with an Articulate ID and a 360 trial/subscription. You could instruct clients to start a trial and you'd be able to share the work with them when you're finished. We'll keep content in Articulate 360 live for 6 months after a trial or subscription expires. 

We're also working on the feature to allow you to print out a copy of your Rise course. This is based off a lot of requests from customers who needed that hard copy for compliance/legal reasons, so you'd also be able to provide that to your customers. That can't be imported back into Rise, but they'd at least have a copy to refer to. 

Katie Riggio

Great question, Gloria! 🍎I've outlined two scenarios for you:

If the receiver has access to the .story file used in the Storyline block, then they can make updates to that particular file. If they need the updated version to appear in the Rise course copy instead, they'll simply publish the new version of that particular Storyline course to Articulate 360 and add it to the Storyline block again.

If the receiver doesn't have access to the .story file, then they cannot make changes to the Storyline project used in the block. They can delete it and add in a different Storyline block, though!

The receiver can see the Storyline block in both scenarios; it's just a matter of what they're looking to do. I hope that helps, and let me know if you have a different setting in mind!

Danielle Watkins

When you create a Storyline block, aren't you linking to the published version in Articulate Review? Let's say that I create the course for a client, I copy it over to them. I personally, don't want to maintain all of those Storyline version in my own Articulate Review at the completion of a project. If I remove it from my AR, wouldn't it then break the link in their Rise course? Do they need to publish the storyline file to their Articulate Review. and then re-link it? 

Hi Danielle,

I gave this a quick test, and deleted a Storyline course from my Review account that was loaded into my Rise course. Upon testing the Rise share link, I still saw the Storyline course included there - so once it's pulled into your Rise course it should stay there regardless.

When you export the Rise course, everything will be packaged into that export so your clients would be able to upload to their web server or LMS.

If they'll ultimately be responsible for any edits or changes, you may want to make sure you share a copy of the .story file with them. 

Hi Princess, and Welcome to the ELH Community!

The Storyline block is pulled into the Rise course, so if you share that with another Rise user they'll also have the block present. If they delete the Storyline block by accident, since it's stored in your Articulate Review account, they won't have the option to add it back in. They can only see what you've added to the Rise course you shared, not everything you've created in Rise or Review.

Hope that helps! 

Allison LaMotte

Hi April,

Right now, there isn’t a way to do this.

You can embed Rise courses into Storyline 360. Just copy the shareable web link for your Rise course and paste it into a web object. However, any editing will need to be done in Rise.

Please let me know if I can help with any other questions.