New to Rise 360: Where are the files being saved?

May 27, 2020

Dear team,

I am relatively new to Rise 360. While building the content for internal consumption, which content might be confidential, can we check where are the published Rise 360 files being saved in the server? Can we distribute the exported HTML package to embed in Storyline 360, and upload to our internal learning platform, without having users to login to Articulate? Can we sign NDA to safeguard both parties? 

Thanks! :) 

7 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Jade,

Welcome to the forums!

All of the courses you develop in Rise 360 are stored on Articulate servers.

Once you publish your Rise course and host them in a LMS/learning platform, your published courses do not connect to the Articulate servers.

Your users/students do not have to log into Articulate, only the Rise course developers need to do that.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Jade!

We take security seriously at Articulate. We understand how important data protection is to our customers and we work hard to maintain your trust. And we’re transparent about our data management practices so you can feel comfortable using our software. You can review our trust center for more detail on our storage, backups, and security. 

As Karl mentioned, only course authors will log into Rise 360. Once a course is ready for learners, you'll export it and host it on a learning management system to track learners' progress. (Don't have a learning management system? Check out Rise.com!)

Please reach out if you have any further questions on that!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nicole! Tell me more about what you're looking to do. If you're interested in keeping copies of your Rise course for a "just in case" scenario, you may want to look at the various options here to export the content. Ultimately you won't be able to export files and upload them back into Rise later, but all those export options would ensure you have a copy of your courses. 

Let me know if that's what you had in mind!