New to this...need direction

Dec 16, 2016

Hi,
I am in training but more old school. I want to jump into building more elearning for our users. In the past we've done live classroom and live webinar trainings. We did dabble a little with Captivate and did a couple of demos using that -- they were OK but our software is now old and we need to upgrade--so looking at options. My question is how do I get training with this software? My employer hasn't purchased the software and I don't want to try to sell them on something I don't know yet. Also, our needs are software demonstrations as I work for a software contractor.  Any ideas, suggestions, etc?  I'm feeling lost in a sea of options and am wanting to jump into a whole new type of trainings.  I don't know what I don't know at this point.  :)

4 Replies
Amy Lewis

Hi Melissa,

I'd honestly suggest signing up for the 30 day free trial.  Articulate 360 has a variety of tools that make it really easy to use, and the best way to explore would really be to jump in and try it out. 

I started with Storyline last year by watching some intro videos and following along in my own version of Storyline.  Here's the link to the "Getting Started With Storyline 360" videos that should be really helpful: https://community.articulate.com/series/getting-started-with-storyline-360.  For your needs I would really recommend checking out videos 17-19, which are about recording screencasts and creating interactive software simulations.  You can create courses where learners can interact with a screencast of your software as if they were using the software itself.

After that, take a look at Replay 360, which lets you simultaneously record your screen and webcam for an easy webinar.  https://community.articulate.com/series/getting-started-with-replay-360.  Peek is another program that lets you record screencasts quickly without the addition of webcam recording.

Hope this helps!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Melissa,

I'm glad you came here to reach out - you're definitely in the right place with a lot of knowledgeable and supportive community members and staff to answer questions and point you in the right direction. 

Amanda offered some really great ideas, and since you posted within the Rise forums as well, I wanted to share a link to the general FAQs about Rise and the Getting Started with Rise tutorials and videos. 

With an Articulate 360 subscription you can also participate in online webinars in Articulate Live, which will cover a number of topics connected to the Articulate 360 Suite.  If you still feel that you need more training or personalized assistance you can take a look at the Articulate Training options here and our Support Engineers are accessible 24/7 to help you with any technical questions. 

That's a broad overview of the ways in which you can get training, help, ideas, etc. but if there is anything else that you encounter or have questions about, again feel free to reach out in the E-Learning Heroes community forums, connect with our Support Engineers, or contact our Success team with questions about purchasing and getting started!  Hope to see you around the forums. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.