New Updates

Oct 02, 2018

Hello!  I'm new to Articulate.  I use it in a corporate setting and I'm only on the trial version.  I have to have an act of God to get things installed on my laptop (or just assistance from IT, as they don't give us admin access to the laptop).  I have to call IT to install each update to Articulate.  Don't get me wrong!  I LOVE getting new features and updates.  But is there a way to allow me to use the product until *I* get ready to update?  Is this "feature" only on the trial version, and the full version will magically update itself, or allow me to pick a time when its convenient for ME to do the update?  It's very disruptive to stop in a middle of a project to call IT, sit on hold, then have them help me run an 5 minute update.  

I appreciate your insight!

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ildiko, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! 😀

Are you seeing updates in Rise, or do you mean the desktop applications? Rise updates are pushed automatically since it's a web-based tool so there is nothing for you to download or install.

Desktop updates for tools like Storyline and Studio are available to you upon release and we're finalizing a feature right now that'll provide more control of when you update. In the meantime, we do have an option that would allow your IT team to push updates out to you. If that's something you think would meet with their tight controls, have them reach out to our Support Team.

Let me know if you have any other questions, we're here to help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.