Next Lesson Buttons Way at the Bottom (no indication that there is more content)

Aug 01, 2018

My users complain that there is no way of continuing the course as there is no indication that they have to continue to scroll down where the "Next Lesson" buttons hide.  Why not add an arrow that shows when there is still more content to see?  Can I edit the CSS?

example

11 Replies
Michael Bauer

I have no experience in editing CSS, however in this day and age I would make an assumption that a scroll bar implies there is more below. Also it depends on how they are viewing it e.g. on a laptop there may be no scroll bar at all and it all shows on the screen.

You could add a Continue block as the last item so then at least it stands out, as opposed to the tiny writing at the bottom which is default. See how you go!

Gerry Pedraza

Thanks for the suggestions. I also thought about trying the padding, but I
haven't had time to test it. The continue button seems like a "not elegant"
solution, but it could also work. I just hoped the app design would be
more user friendly and display that it displayed something that lets the
user know there is more content below. I think the scroll bar is not very
conducive in this aspect as Rise feels more like an app than a traditional
webpage. I would like to see a button that denotes content is hidden,
besides the scroll bar itself since it is not very visible. Thank you all
for your comments and suggestions.

Gerry Pedraza

Thanks for your input. I removed all padding and it still leaves a lot of space in both the computer view and in the ipad view.  It is still too much space.  I can easily see why people think that's the end of the page since its just gray down there.  You need to scroll a tad bit more to see the next lesson button. Why does it add two gray bands? I don't get it.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.