No score registered on smartphones (using chrome)

Mar 16, 2017

Hi. I’m currently testing a course made with Rise, on an LMS system.

While testing it on a smartphone using Chrome, after completing the quiz no score is registered and the course status remains as incomplete.

This issue seems to happen only on smartphones. 

Can you help?

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

Absolutely we can help! First, can you let me know a bit more about where and how you're testing, such as the LMS you've used, the Android version, and if you've also seen this on iOS devices? I'd want to have you take a look at testing the course at SCORM Cloud as well, which is an industry standard for LMS testing. You should be able to load up the same zip file that you exported from Rise using the same LMS settings. This article although written before Rise was released will walk you through how to test there. If you see the same behavior there as you do in your LMS, then can you send a long a copy of the Rise export to our Support team by uploading it here? They'll be able to take a look at settings and properties and do some additional testing from there. 

Feel free to keep me posted here as you go through those steps, and if you get into the Support case I can follow along as well if you want to give me a heads up! 

David Lopes

Hi Ashley,

We're testing it on Cornerstone OnDemand as this is the platform our client uses. I haven't tested it on iOS yet, but we need it running on Android. I've tested it on an Android 6.0 phone using the latest Chrome version. Our client also tested on Android and got the same result. 

I've sent the export to your team (case 01037465).

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.