No scroll bar in LMS for Rise Content

Feb 14, 2018

I created some content in Rise and imported it into my LMS (Brightspace D2L) -- It appears just fine but does not have a scroll bar for the user to go through the content. Any ideas? See image below.

6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community, Alison 🙂I'm happy to help you with this scroll bar issue!

A couple of questions:

• Is the scroll bar visible when you Preview the course in Rise? Are you also able to send me your course's Share link, so I can take a look?share link
  • What browser are you using to view the course? 
  • Have you had a chance to test it outside of Brightspace? SCORM Cloud is an excellent, industry standard for LMS testing to see how courses behave in another environment. I personally haven't worked in Brightspace to offer suggestions on what specific settings you should look at there, but hopefully others in the community do!

I'll be standing by!

Melissa Harbour

I'm having the same problem, but sometimes the training won't load at all - just a blank screen.

For me, it's only with Internet Explorer and only when deployed through my LMS (Cornerstone).  It works fine with IE when testing on SCORM Cloud. 

I have tried adjusting IE Compatibility Mode on my browser and within the LMS settings with no success. 

Any help is appreciated!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Melissa,

A blank course in Internet Explorer is something we've seen a few times, and it's typically been solved by changing the compatibility mode as mentioned. You can see that and another troubleshooting tip here - but if neither of those work you'll also want to reach out to your Cornerstone team.

Please let us know if you need anything else! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear that you've run into an issue with this, but thanks for mentioning that it is working as expected in SCORM Cloud.

Hopefully someone using Cornerstone will be able to chime in to share some experience with that. I took a look at this thread where many of our Cornerstone users post and did not see a similar issue.

Ivor Thynne

Hi, I too am suffering from my Rise course appearing fine but I am just not able to scroll when viewed in CSOD. Other A360 and Storyline 2 courses are fine.

The wheel on the mouse makes it jump a little but I cannot access any content larger than the window.

The content works fine on other browsers just not on IE 11. I have checked all compatibility settings.

Can anybody help?

Thanks Ivor

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.