not able to continue after quiz in Rise

Nov 27, 2018

Hi all,

I built a course in Rise with scenario-based questions, so I turned off the Previous & Next buttons.

But I also want to include a quiz in this course. The problem is, when I finish and pass the quiz there is no way to continue. There is no continue button (and the prev & next buttons are turned off).

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Renzo

41 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hi there Renzo!

Thanks for posting your question here in the E-Learning Heroes forum. We are aware of this issue (not being able to continue past the Results when Next/Prev buttons are turned off) and we do have a fix coming! I can't give a specific ETA but rest assured it's something that we are working on.

In the meantime, I can suggest using the Quiz only at the END of the course, but using the ungraded knowledge check blocks as assessments throughout the course.  That would be a solution until the fix comes! :)

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about this issue! Have a nice day!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Tony,

To make this work, follow these steps:

1. Open the course settings
  2. Click on the Navigation tab
  3. Select the No Sidebar option under the Sidebar settings
  4. Turn off the Previous and Next buttons

The continue button will appear automatically after the quiz!

Let me know if you have any problems getting this to work. 

Sanne van Korlaar

Hi! I've created a quiz and tried the above, but still don't see a CONTINUE button appear. I do see a take again button. Will the button only appear once you've exported the e-learning, or should it also be visible in Preview mode? I'm building a course for a very small audience, so wanted actually to just keep it online and not export it to web / LMS..

Allison LaMotte

Hi Sanne,

Did you turn off both the prev/next buttons AND the sidebar? Those are the conditions to make the Continue button appear.

You should be seeing it if you're previewing the whole course. However, if you're just previewing the quiz lesson you won't see it.

If you're still not seeing it, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Robyn Moormeister

I'm very excited you added the continue button after the quiz. The issue now is that is very hard to see and users are having issues seeing this kind of buttons and I'm getting lots of complains that they can not move forward. Is there a way we can manipulate this button by adding color, renaming it and making the font bigger so is more obvious to the user that they have to click on this section in order to continue.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! I’m thrilled to announce we’ve added an option to choose a continue button style on the quiz results page. Now, your learners will see the familiar continue button that adopts your course theme color if you select this option in the quiz settings

We’re here if you have questions about how this feature works.