Not Able to Edit Rise Course

Feb 22, 2019

Hi all,

I am working in Rise for the first time and was starting my first course this morning. Going back in now, have no ability to edit.

My colleague uses rise and has never had this issue... Any ideas? Attached a screenshot of what I see when I go to edit the course.

Thanks,

Christie

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Christiie,

The image you attached suggests that you have only created the project and given it a name, but not yet added any content.

The first thing you need to do is to create a lesson by giving it a name. Don't worry about getting the name right first time as you can always edit it later. Similarly, you can enter a course description later as well.

Start by selecting the "Add a lesson" text by clicking on it and then type a lesson name and pressing Enter. This will now give you access to the building blocks necessary to create your course.

If you have already done this previously and your earlier work is missing, it's possible that you exited the editor without your work being saved. Always make sure you return to the main Rise menu by selecting the square of nine dots in the top left corner of the screen before shutting down. If you can't see the dots, but can only see a back arrow, select the arrow until the dots appear.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.