Numbered Dividers

Aug 23, 2017

Is there not a way to change the number of a numbered divider or to "trick" it into restarting with 1 again on the same page? I want to have multiple sets of these within one page, so say three sets of 1-5, but can only currently get it to do 1-15.

70 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Joseph! We haven't had an update to provide. We don't have plans in the near term to make a change with the numbered dividers. 

I usually recommend trying other blocks in creative ways. For example, you might get a similar effect if you use a statement block and just have the number as the statement text:

lesson with statement blocks used as dividers

Jeff Forrer

Hello, just chiming in again about this.  Would be very helpful to allow the numbered dividers to be set to specific numbers, or at least be able to restart the numbering, so that a set can be used more than once in a lesson.  Currently, once you use them in a lesson, if you want to use elsewhere, you can't because they continuing the numbering.  In Office or even Storyline you can choose to set the numbers to what you want, it would be great if Rise would do that to!  Thanks. 

Phil Foss

Here's a workaround using a custom saved block, when you add the block you can manually enter your own number (or letter, or whatever you want!) I have a few different styles, and if anyone has a neat design idea for a divider style please let me know and I'll add it to the page.

https://theme-360.com/uncategorized/custom-blocks-separators/