On a Labeled Graphic interaction, is it possible to have info card appear on a different side of the marker that is clicked to reveal it?

Oct 12, 2017

I am using the Labeled Graphic interaction to teach people how to read a food label. The info card that appears when the marker that is clicked covers up the food label for the portion that I am explaining. Is it possible to have the info card appear on another side of the marker so as not to cover over the graphic? That would be a very helpful feature.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Martin!

The captions in a Rise labeled graphic interaction automatically open to the left or right, depending on the location of the marker within the image. 

I can definitely understand how it would be handy to have more control over caption placement, and I'd be glad to pass that idea along for you! 

As a workaround, have you tried adding white space to the left and right of your image prior to inserting it in Rise? That might give you more room in the margin for the captions to open in a different direction.

Martin Evans

I'm still having trouble getting the info cards open on the left correct size of the graphic so as not to cover over important parts of the labeled graphic. I have added a ton of white space to either side of the labeled portion, and they always open to cover the portion.

In fact, I've made my labeled graphic to have a width of 3000px so as to not have any gray background on either side of the graphic, however Rise seems to reduce the visible portion of the graphic so that the gray background still appears. Is there a way to control this so that the background is all white? I would like the graphic to fill the width of the open screen, and have the info cards open on the correct side rather than in the middle, covering over the main part of the graphic.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.