One MP4 video in a course of numerous MP4 videos cannot be found.

May 02, 2018

I have a course in which a number of mp4 files are included and set to play. The videos are an array of sizes and lengths but they are all the same format and created in the same way. In the Rise editor they videos preview without issue.

After exporting this file to SCORM 1.2 and uploading to ScormCloud I am able to go through the course but one of the videos produces won't play and instead displays the following error message:

"The media could not be loaded, either because the server of the network failed or because the format is not supported."

When viewing the network traffic in my browser, I can see the video returns a 404. This is despite the manifest showing the correct filename/location for this particular video, in addition to the video being playable when I unzip the SCORM package. In case the issue was the file not uploading I took the file and uploaded it to a Rustici compliant LMS which I have access to the AWS server where files are hosted. After uploading to the LMS I was able to confirm that the files included in the SCORM Zip file were present on the server and that the file in question was available and played from the server. 

This happens in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox for OSX as well as Chrome on Android.

Any suggestions on how to get around this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Scott and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sorry to hear that you ran into an issue with your video playing.

So, you were not able to replicate the behavior on a different server and the issue is specific to your LMS? 

Curious if the file path may be too long in the instance you are not seeing the video? I have seen that cause issue before.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.