Marking a course as completed ONLY once someone has hit the inserted "EXIT" button.

Feb 18, 2021

Hi Everyone

I've created a very basic 4 lesson course in Rise360 and on the final lesson I have added in an interactive button that will exit the LMS and I only want the course to mark as complete in the LMS once someone has hit this button, as I am using this button as an acknowledgement that will be used for auditing purposes (see pic attached.)  My issues are:

1. I don't really want to restrict the lesson order, as people may want to jump in and out to reference links, etc...
  2. Currently when I click on the last lesson, it automatically marks the course as completed, even if I don't click the 'exit' button and just close down the course.  I have disabled learners being able to mark lessons as complete themselves and the inbuilt exit function.

Any ideas?

thanks

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Renee. I like your idea, and I think we can come up with a similar setup that will help to control completion!

Change the acknowledgement to a checklist block, and add a continue block beneath. The continue block will require the checklist to be checked for the course to be completed, and then you can use an Exit Course button:

Renee Shaheen

Hi Crystal

Thanks so much for your reply.  What a great suggestion.  I have added in the above, however when testing, I checked the box, then clicked on continue, then unticked the box (which still allowed the exit button to appear) and exited the course and it marked the course as completed.  Therefore, I know it would be highly unlikely, but that means someone could potentially untick the box on exit and it would be out of compliance.  

I was thinking possibly of putting in a quiz and using that to mark the course as completed. ie: using the correct quiz answer as the course completion..  I'll have a test of that and see if that works.  Ideally your suggestion is a better user experience..