Open Link in Same Tab

May 29, 2019

I've seen this discussed before, but I have not found a clear answer. I need a link  to open in the same tab as the rise course. Essentially, this will exit the course and go to a page of my choosing. The Exit Course option does not work within the LMS I'm using (Moodle). However, if I can get a link to open in the same tab, this will give me the control I need. It appears all links default to opening in new browser tabs. Is there a way around this behavior?

46 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Aidan, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this issue. I've added your vote for this feature, and we'll let you know here if we have updates.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties in adding your Storyline course into Rise. You can follow the steps in this article. Let me know here if you're still having trouble, and I'd be more than happy to help!

Trish Chin

Hi Team, we would also love to be able to customise link and button behaviour in Rise. Our specific requirement comes from creating an EXIT button for courses published to web, as we want this to re-direct in the current window to a course selection page hosted on our internal servers, as opposed to an LMS.

Pano Kallis

Previous solutions referenced modifying the main.bundle.js file. However, the naming conventions of the published Rise files have now changed. To locate the correct file, it is recommended to first download the published content to your computer since using your LMS to conduct a deep search of the file content may not work as well.

Once you have extracted the content, navigate to scormcontent>lib>rise. Then, in the search bar, type the following string: isIphoneSafari?"_top

This will help bring up the correct file where this code string is located and where the change needs to occur. Once you open the file in a text editor, use Ctrl-F to search again for isIphoneSafari?"_top

From there, you'll find something similar to isIphoneSafari?"_top":"_self",Q=E?j:"_blank"

The letter combination between "_self" and "_blank" may vary depending on the most recent Rise update to the js files. Simply change "_blank" to "_top" then save the file. That's it!

Steven Benassi

Hi Ruth!

Thanks for checking in on this!

Our development team is still tracking feedback on the feature request to give authors the choice of how hyperlinks behave in Rise 360. I've included your voice in the feature report, and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share!

In the meantime, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.