Organizing block templates in Rise

Aug 05, 2021

Hi there. My team is currently working on two different Rise projects, and both require the use of block templates. Right now, one project has about 15 block templates and it's hard to tell at first glance which blocks belong to which project. Is there a way to organize the block template library so it's easy for my team to find the templates related to the project they're working on?

7 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Corrissa! I am here to help. I recommend giving each Template block a name that quickly describes what topic the template is used for, or you can also add the project/course name into the template's name. This way, moving forward, it could be easier to find the block templates used on each project/course. 

Corrissa Land

Hi Chino, that's exactly what we ended up doing. It's not the most efficient way to organize because sometimes when we try to rename the blocks, it gives us an error and reverts back to the old name. We've also picked up other Rise projects since then so having folders or a better way to filter would be really nice. 

I'll continue renaming for now but I hope Articulate creates a solid solution in the future. Thanks!

Barry Carney

I think there's overlap here with this thread: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/sharing-folder-in-rise which is still unresolved.

Useful folder structures, for ease of collaboration and content re-use, really is a much needed and -requested feature.

Can any of the Staff here update on whether or not there anything on the roadmap in this area please?

Karl Muller

Hi Barry,

Block Templates are stored in a separate library not connected to any Rise course.

The creator of each block Template needs to decide if that template is private or will be shared with their team.

So there is no overlap with sharing Rise folders.

Here is the Rise feature roadmap: https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-Feature-Roadmap#rise-360 

Barry Carney

Thanks Karl,

By overlap here I'm referring more to the need for better structuring options (whether for Blocks or Courses) and the ability to work with sharable folders.

Thanks for linking to the roadmap. I see nothing like this is currently being addressed. Is there any chance that it can be added to the roadmap?