Play / pause button flashing in Rise

Jun 29, 2020

I have a Rise 360 course that has several videos included. Some videos were created in Camtasia and others by a professional videographer. Some of my reviewers are experiencing the play button flashing/strobing in the middle of the screen during the video. 

When one reviewer clicked the picture in picture option, the strobing stopped. Unfortunately, this option makes the video tiny so it's not my recommendation. Is there a setting that is making the video play/pause button strobe? How do I make it stop? It doesn't happen all the time or with every person. I wasn't able to get a sample. 

12 Replies
Nancy Sheet

I uploaded them from my hard drive. 

What kind of web repository are you referring to? My company doesn't have content on the web unless it's in our version of Microsoft Teams. 

I would have to strip a lot of the content out before I can share since the content is proprietary. I have quite a few videos so it's important to understand how the videos will best work. 

Thank you

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nancy!

Embedding a video from the web usually means the video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, but it sounds like your video was uploaded from your hard drive.

You mentioned that your reviewers are seeing the play button flashing/strobing in the middle of the screen during the video. Is this something you've seen in your own testing? If so, what web browser were you using?

I know you mentioned your videos contain proprietary information, so rest assured all of your content will remain strictly confidential if you decide to open a case. 

Nancy Sheet

I have only seen the strobing once when I was sharing my screen on Microsoft Teams. I haven't been able to replicate it in my testing using various devices within the Rise Preview. I'm also testing the modules on our LMS to see if I have the same issue. No determination yet. The testing just began.

I use a Chrome browser. I'm not sure about the browser for the others. Does it matter? I can recommend one over the other if it does.

Nancy Sheet

I never received an answer to the problem, so yes, the problem still exists.

Kind regards,

Nancy 

For access to educational content, industry trends and thought leadership, please visit KnowledgePathway.com<../../../../../jill%20zylke/Desktop/SHAREPOINT%20ICONS/500x500/Corporate%20Stationery/E-mail%20Signature/E-mail%20Signature%202019%20Word/WITH%20KNOWLEDGE%20PATHWAY/Email%20Signatures%20Template%20

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Nancy. Are you able to create a fullscreen screen recording of the issue so we can get a better idea of what's happening? You can use Peek 360 or any other screen recording tool you have available.

By the way, replying via email includes your signature with contact information in the public forum.  Feel free to edit your reply here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.