PPT Animations Exported as Video

Oct 19, 2018

I have a number of simple animated diagrams created in PowerPoint and as I can export these as MP4's I want to be able to just have them play one at a time in a RISE video block.  The issue I have is that the MP4 video plays but the final animation image is not persistent at the end of the video - the video goes to a blank page... very quickly.  I have tried a number of workarounds with timing etc but nothing seems to work... it will save me a lot of time if I don't need to have all of these line animations recreated, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with either the export or indeed in how I'm setting it up in RISE?  Any help would be appreciated!

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rachael!

When a Rise video block finishes playing, the first frame of the video will display. That means that the first frame of your video could be black. Have you tried cropping off the first frame using a video editing tool like Replay 360

Another idea would be to import the PowerPoint slide into Storyline, then embed it in Rise using a Storyline Block. You can even remove the Storyline player so the slide will fit seamlessly into your lesson.

The easiest way to completely hide the Storyline player before you publish to Articulate 360 is to 1) choose the modern player style, 2) turn off the menus and controls, and 3) select the light player theme.

I hope one of those options will work for you!

Kevin Fuell

Similar to this initial thread, I have mp4 files exported from PPTX where I'd like to insert them in Rise360.  In the PPTX I inserted a 'New Photo Album' (under Images tab) which allows a series of images to be placed in the PPTX file on individual slides.  Then I exported this PPTX to "Create a video" which provides the mp4 file and I choose 0.1 seconds between slides.  The images are of satellite imagery so making the mp4 provides an animation in time of the satellite data.  When inserted via video block in Rise360 the animation will play the first 5 frames, but then it seems to skip frames only showing every 6th frame until the end of the animation.  I've exported as medium and HD quality and same result occurs.  I can play the mp4 outside of Rise via Windows Media Player just fine, but now I just tried to play it in Chrome and the images look messed up even though it does play every frame.  I'm concluding that mp4 exported from pptx is not always going to work in Rise360's block, but I'm looking for help or confirmation.