Prevent a learner from going back (temporarily)

Sep 16, 2019

Hello all,

I'm currently looking into the different capabilities of Rise and getting familiar with it before I start using it to build courses.

I thought one scenario that would be a productive learning tool, would be where a learner views a video, is provided with a warning that they can only view the video before continuing, and then goes into a knowledge check relevant to content in the video that they have to remember - that being, they can't scroll up and just see all the answers again.

Once the knowledge check is complete, they'd then be able to navigate the rest of the course again as normal.

So the blocks would be as followed:

• Embedded Video
  • Note
  • Continue Divider
  • Knowledge Check

I can't seem to see any way of this being possible within the current functionality of Rise - does anyone have any clever thoughts or workarounds for something like this?

Thank you,

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Euan. There isn't a way to prevent learners from revisiting previously viewed content. You can move the knowledge checks into the next lesson, however. Because knowledge checks don't retain the selected answers once you leave the lesson, it would be inconvenient for a learner to continuously revisit the video lesson for answers, especially if there are multiple knowledge check blocks to complete.

I hope that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.