Problem with course resuming in Rise 360

Oct 01, 2020

Today I published a Rise 360 module for LMS. When I reviewed the course I tested a link and then when I returned to the course, I could not resume back in the last lesson.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  My team has encountered this intermittently in both Rise 360 and also in Presenter 360 over the last months. 

9 Replies
Nadine Oelke

Hello Alyssa,

Thank you for following up on this problem. It is intermittent with both Rise 360 and Presenter 360. We incur the same thing with both.

We use Google Chrome as the web browser.

When you reenter the course, then it goes back the beginning of the latest lesson. My current course has 7 lessons and if I exit in the middle of lesson 3. It will restart at the beginning of lesson 3

There is no exit button in the majority of our courses just manually closing the browser window.

Let me if you have any other questions.

With Appreciation,
Nadine Oelke

Learning Partner
Learning Excellence | Global Quality Portfolio & Knowledge Management

Questions on trainings?
Use our general mailbox QAdocumentation.learning@ucb.com for any operational request
Submit your documentation & training requests through our SharePoint
NEW ! Want to know the feedback of the learners for a course you own ? Click here

8010 Arco Corporate Drive; Raleigh, NC 27617
919-767-2545
nadine.oelke@ucb.com

Nadine Oelke

Hello,

It is what we are seeing in the Rise 360 files but it is not what is happening with the Articulate Presenter 360 files. For those we are either returning to a random slide that was earlier in the presentation or it is returning to the beginning of the presentation. Do you have any suggestions for those files? We normally do not have an exit button in these files.

With Appreciation,
Nadine Oelke

Learning Partner
Learning Excellence | Global Quality Portfolio & Knowledge Management

Questions on trainings?
Use our general mailbox QAdocumentation.learning@ucb.com for any operational request
Submit your documentation & training requests through our SharePoint
NEW ! Want to know the feedback of the learners for a course you own ? Click here

8010 Arco Corporate Drive; Raleigh, NC 27617
919-767-2545
nadine.oelke@ucb.com

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nadine!

One possible reason why you resume to a random slide in the Presenter 360 course is that you've exceeded your suspend data limit. Your LMS might be imposing limits on suspend data. Older LMS specs, such as SCORM 1.2, have outdated restrictions on suspend data.

We recommend publishing for the latest edition of SCORM 2004 or Tin Can API (also known as Experience API). See this article for more information.

I recommend that you try to republish your course for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data. Let me know if that fixes the issue!

Victoria Sublette

We are publishing Rise courses in SCORM 2004 4th edition, but what is happening:

if you exit the browser without saving and closing the course, when you return, you are directed to the last page you visited, but the continue buttons are gone. You can't go forward or back. I took away the menu because of the bug in Rise that you can't see the continue buttons, so our users are stuck.