Problems publishing a Rise Course for the Web

Apr 09, 2017

I am enjoying authoring in Rise and just completed my first Course.  When I exported it for the web only, some of the content is not present.

I'm attaching the zipped file, which has a debug document with text that I can't figure out how to copy and paste here.  Can you help me interpret what the debug file means?

Here's a share link:  https://rise.articulate.com/share/qomIiL0CfCWEBYsa 

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robin,

As Michael mentioned the zipped output was not attached here, but you can visit this forum page to upload a copy of the output using the "add attachment" button. If you'd prefer to share privately you can also send it along to our Support Engineers. 

You mentioned a debug file, and that is something we have available for LMS output, so if you could share a copy of the file you mentioned and information on how you gathered it that would help as our team looks into your file as well.

It is worth mentioning that if content isn't showing as you'd expect in Rise, I'd also look to confirm you're using a supported browser for exporting and viewing which are detailed here, and you could also look at testing the content in another web server environment such as Amazon S3. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Robin - I took a look at the file after I had downloaded locally and everything worked fine in Chrome. What part of the course or content did not load for you so that I could look for that specifically? I saw the initial YouTube link was broken, but it seemed to be the link itself on Youtube not how it's displaying in the course. Have you tested uploading to a server to see how it behaves there? It may be an issue with loading HTML files locally if there are extra security elements in place on your browser. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.