Protecting IT material and video, preventing copying and downloading

Oct 27, 2020

I feel the frustration of all the comments, regarding IT protection. 

Ive noticed that if I put my cursor on the video screen, it doesn't provide the scope of right-clicking and "save as".  

However, If I put my cursor on outside the video screen, it allows me to right click and save as.

I am very close to giving up on Articualate, after so many years.  I have a lot of training material and videos ready for my clients, however, I am not confident to allow them to access these materials, due to the ease of downloading or "saving as".

Maybe I am missing something.

Good news, everyone! Learners can no longer download your videos in Rise 360, protecting your intellectual property. Check out the other new video features we added here!

2 Replies
Kev Williams

Matthew,

I am troubled by your response and your egocentric reference to your work.  Im not stupid mate, in regards, that there is no 100% sure system to prevent people from fireshot/ snapshot, using their phones or finding a way to copy information.

But,...... Why can't there be an option to make it as difficult (as can be) for people to download/"save as" information, material, videos etc.  Just why can't there be something! 

Matthew - Why would it matter they wanted to download a video that's included.................. it matters as this is our technical information, developed by us and it seems to be so easy to save as/download and plastered on Facebook, youtube, the internet etc.  

We all have our own purpose using articulate and It is very clear, that I am not the only articulate user, who has also requested this.  

We develop online training materials for people who have completed our courses, as 'value add / post-course'  materials, that would always be available. 

Our materials have taken a long time and a lot of money to develop. Unlike you, we are not paid to complete a project.  Our materials are technical and have a lot of commercial value. 

We are simply trying to make it as difficult as possible, for our material to be plastered on the internet, facebook, or youtube and people who think that coping from the internet and plagiarising information is acceptable.  Our information has good commercial value.

It appears you don't have a concept of our situation (and that of other articulate users, nor from your response, are you particularly interested in helping / or offering positive advice.  

Matthew - I'm not sure I fully understand the problem. You mentioned:
I am very close to giving up on Articulate, after so many years.

Quite frankly your reply is disappointing, unhelpful and in our opinion, unprofessional, particularly If you are representing articulate,   

Please do not waste your time responding, if you can not offer a piece of positive or helpful advice.

All the best

2Training Loan

I agree fully with the need for reasonable copy / download protection.

Having said that, Rise might not be the solution for the heavy cases?

But i think RS360 has to be given time to evolve step by step from feature and user requests. I have a long list of wishes where copy /download protection is just one. Im sure there are wish lists about RS360 from many people. Sometimes it makes into R&D and release, sometimes not. 

The roadmap is open for Rise.
https://articulate.com/360/whats-new

In theory, giving up on a tool might be just what you need to get creative in solving very specific problems.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.