Puzzling Thumbnail Import from SL 360 > Rise - Help?

Apr 11, 2023

Greetings Fellow Developers!

Because there is no audio support in Rise for Introduction sections of Lessons (or Quizzes, or feedback for quizzes, etc.), I created a simple text-based slide in SL360 with voiceover that is intended as the first Block under a header.

I have been trying to export said SL360 into Rise for this purpose, and just want it to appear as seamless as possible. It would be great if the audio could play automatically in Rise, but not only does the Rise import (through Review) publish with a "Play" button, but it displays a gray thumbnail. 

I have tried working with the background, transparency, color, and I still get the gray thumbnail instead of the copy that should be seen.

Would love suggestions/help from Articulate staff or any of my fellow developers out there! BTW - Hey Articulate  - how about some support now for audio accessibility in Rise in 2023? Thanks!

6 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Edward, and thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues, but I'm happy to help troubleshoot and provide some clarity.

I appreciate you taking the time to share what you’d like to see in Rise 360. Currently, Rise requires users to click the "Play" button to play videos and Storyline blocks. We currently have a feature request logged for the ability to autoplay audio files, so I’ll go ahead and include your voice. We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

Additionally, have you tried adjusting the Storyline block background to white so that the white player will blend in with the white block background? Here's how:

• Select Edit
  • Select Settings
  • Change the HEX code to ffffff

I hope this helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know here or privately in a support case.