Quarantine Brain: Create a Link for Consumers/Users For a Rise Course

Aug 14, 2020

Okay. This is really frustrating me because I've done it before but cannot replicate it.

I need to create two links for my Rise courses - one for stakeholders to review and one for consumers/users. Like this:

I can create the stakeholder review one easy enough by opening the course in Rise>Share>copy and paste link. This is the link I keep getting: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/6e91734d-ece7-4473-aaca-64b7ad6a62ce/review. Obviously, this is a "review" link. 

For the life of me I cannot remember how to get a users/consumers link like what I have in the image above. I don't want users/consumers to review; I want them to consume.

I've gone into other Rise courses where I've successfully done this but don't see anything that indicates me not doing something for this course to make this option obvious. I've read articles but can't seem to get the consumer/user link.

I see the Rise course where I was able to get the consumer/user link has these settings when I click on it in Rise: 

And the course in which I can't get the consumer/user link (just the Review link) has these settings:

I know I'm missing something totally obvious but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Also, can we have an upgrade to this great Discussions tool - being able to copy and paste images in rather than having to save and insert them? If this IS possible, can you let me know how to do that? 

Thanks! Stay safe!

2 Replies
Heather Vogt

Oh wait. I see what I'm doing: I'm looking at the course in Review rather than Rise. 

If you're having this same "problem", you'll get the correct options to create a separate consumer/user link when you're in the course's RISE version, not its Review version. It's hard to tell the difference between the two because they look so similar.

Thanks! I hope this helps someone. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.