Quiz issues

Oct 10, 2017

Hi there,

I have added a quiz into Rise, but when completing the quiz in review mode, I have run into a major issue.  If the learner clicks on one of the lessons, it allows them to view the content.  However, on returning to the quiz Rise displays the Start quiz page, and then proceeds to the first quiz question again.  However, the previous answers are still displayed and the submit button is blacked out.  I have changed all settings in the settings page, but nothing has helped.  Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this a known issue?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for reaching out, David, and I'm sorry this is giving you trouble. I'm curious to know a little more about what's going on with your course. Can you help me with a few questions?

• Is the course hosted in a learning management system?
  • Has the learner completed all of the questions in the quiz at least once and landed on the score page before going back to the lesson content? 
  • Does this happen in any browser, or certain browsers in particular?
Sarah Ah Loy

Hi Alyson,

thanks for reaching out.  I am currently testing the interaction in the review portal and have not tried it in an LMS yet.  

I have also tested it with the Wellness sample that comes with Rise, and with the Home Depot sample that was shared through the eLearning heroes email last week and have the same issue.

I have tried it in both Chrome and IE - the browsers our students/staff use within our company.

We have tested it on different computers.

Our test approach is, complete one question, jump back to a lesson, go back to the test again.  The test will then not let you proceed past the first question.  I get the start quiz button, which works, then the first question, then we cannot proceed or complete the quiz.

Although this is a very simple training, it is important for us to release very soon.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  What we need is for students to be able to start the quiz, go back to a lesson, and go back to the quiz, without it stalling.

Regards

Dave

Lesley Condon

Hi David and Alyssa, 

I am having the same problem this morning. If a user goes back to review the content while undertaking the quiz, they cannot go back to the quiz and continue. 

Is the course hosted in a learning management system? No, i was just using the zip file to test before uploading to the LMS

Has the learner completed all of the questions in the quiz at least once and landed on the score page before going back to the lesson content? No. I got to question 4/17 and went to look at the content to find the answer and then came back at it got stuck at q1 again

Does this happen in any browser, or certain browsers in particular? Tried in Safari and chrome.

Thanks

Sandra Whitford

Was this fixed in the last couple hours?  I am using Chrome (Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and did the test on my system and it worked perfectly.  While it went back to the start page of the quiz it quickly jumped to the next question in the sequence.  I am just using Review right now though and not using an LMS.  My questions are straight-forward pick one.  Not sure if any of that adds value to the conversation but perhaps.... 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.