Quiz Question: Multiple right answers

Jul 02, 2020

Hi, 

I'm interested in using the quiz in Rise to serve as a review AND get my learners thinking about how they might get involved AND what interests them the most. This has me asking them questions for which I'd like to allow for multiple correct responses. I'm using the "choose multiple options" format for this, but am still aware that they'll still get an "incorrect" response if they don't choose all or the ones I mark as correct. 

Here is my course in Review so you can look at my quiz, if it's helpful: 

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d7428c72-981a-4d74-9f2c-a4a1992df66b/review

Is there a (creative) way around this?

Thanks!
Tamara

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Tamara. If this assessment is mostly about their reflection, you could consider replacing the quiz by adding a new lesson with the review questions as knowledge checks, and the "how do you feel" questions as checklist blocks to get learners interacting with those ideas. Knowledge checks designate a correct answer and provide feedback after learners respond.

If you need to track their responses, your best bet is to use a quiz for the review questions, and embed a survey tool for the "how do you feel" questions in your Summary lesson using a multimedia > embed block. The survey tool would collect the data that you could refer back to, and the quiz will report how well they understood the content to your LMS, if you use one.

Let me know if I can answer questions about those ideas!

Tamara Staton

Thank you for your detailed response Crystal.
I've got a couple of clarifying questions:

*If this assessment is mostly about their reflection, you could consider
replacing the quiz by adding a new lesson with the review questions as
knowledge checks, and the "how do you feel" questions as checklist blocks
to get learners interacting with those ideas. Knowledge checks designate
a correct answer and provide feedback after learners respond.*

So, part of the assessment is about having them reflect on their
preferences - with no right answer - and part of it is knowledge check -
deepening understanding. The checklist how do you feel list is a good idea,
thanks...I'm confused the knowledge check piece though since they designate
a correct answer like the quizzes do. Am I missing something or am I
correct in understanding the knowledge checks and quizzes always require a
correct answer with no room for exploration?

Also, I'm curious to know more about survey tools. Something designed in
Storyline perhaps that i have yet to explore?

Thanks!

Tamara

Crystal Horn

Sure thing, Tamara!

For the knowledge check, yes, you're right. They will require that you designate a correct response, like quiz questions. Unlike quizzes, knowledge checks can be sprinkled in with your content, and they aren't graded. They could work for questions like this one in your course where you identify correct answers:

If there aren't exactly correct answers to those questions, you could use a different block type, like an accordion block, where the title of each item is an answer choice, and it expands to show the description, where you might list some feedback about that choice. Just another way of expressing those choices and what you would say to the learners who select them!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.