Quiz Reporting in SCORM 2004

Mar 26, 2021

We're testing the Rise course in our LMS (Cornerstone) using SCORM 2004. We're trying to create a report that includes the quiz data. According to Cornerstone, there are settings that need to change to do this, but I don't see any of these options.

From our LMS Administrator: 

The LMS reports designed for SCORM 2004, do not appear to be accurate based on configuration options selected in Articulate Rise.
Per CSOD Knowledge Article, SCORM 2004 Quiz Data - Custom report returns all Quiz Attempt values as 1, the course configurations must be changed in Rise.

The SCO must send a Terminate request with cmi.exit="normal" to end the attempt and the navigation request (adl.nav.request) is neither “suspendAll” nor empty
Many courses send cmi.exit="suspend" and adl.nav.request="suspendAll", causing the LMS not to know an attempt has ended and mark all attempts as the 1st attempt.

https://csod-external.force.com/supportcentral/s/article/SCORM-2004-Quiz-Data-Custom-report-returns-all-Quiz-Attempt-values-as-1?r=321&ui-knowledge-components-aura-actions.KnowledgeArticleVersionCreateDraftFromOnlineAction.createDraftFromOnlineArticle=1 

Has anyone experienced this issue?

9 Replies
Jesse Bradford

Hi. Can you explain your changes in a bit more detail and clarify how/if they helped you accurately track quiz attempts? I'm experiencing this exact issue now. I created a course that has several knowledge checks. I am able to report question level quiz data in Reporting 2.0 in CSOD, including the question and the learner's response, but the attempts data always comes back as 1. I had previously reviewed the article you mentioned before coming across this post, and although I have not tested it yet, it seems likely the "solution" in the article will have adverse affects on the course that are not mentioned in the article, including bookmarking progress and retaining data.