Raise 360

May 31, 2022

Dear Team,

How I can personalize a training session in Rise360, so I can use the name from the team member, who starts a training session created with Rise360 from Catalys, i.e. so it says “Dear Videesha” instead of “Dear Team Member”, what I currently use.

I want in Raise 360 the name to be appear in Dynamic process.

Please help me whether this is possible in Raise 360?

6 Replies
Nisha Makan

Hi Videesha

You will need to insert a Storyline block into Rise with the text with learners name in it.

In Storyline you will need to execute JavaScript that pulls the learner name from the LMS into a storyline variable (with the variable referenced in the text box).

I’m not sure what code you need to pull the name from Catalyst, this article might be a good starting point https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/getting-student-name-from-the-lms-and-using-it-in-articulate 

Videesha TS

Hi Nisha,

Thanks for your quick response. In this shared raise 360 review URL Compliance Training | Review 360 (articulate.com). I am requesting like it is possible to replace Dear Team Member to Who ever is taking the course there name.

Example if Nisha Makan has taken this course then it has to show Dear Nisha Makan.

Is this possible in Raise 360. 

Nisha Makan

Hi Videesha, yes I do know what you are wanting, my original post will give you this outcome. You can’t achieve this functionality directly in Rise as it requires using variables which Rise doesn’t support. Instead, you would need to insert that line of text into a Storyline slide (e.g. Dear %name%) and then insert the storyline slide into Rise as a Storyline block.

As the code to pull the name from the LMS and assign it to the %name% variable sits in an Execute JavaScript trigger on your Storyline slide, the code is embedded in the block - you don’t need to edit the code after every publish like Phil mentioned.