Recent colours / Document colours - colour pickers in Rise

Oct 21, 2020

In Rise, there's two different styles of colour picker. Neither of them are particularly great. The colour picker that the theme settings use (and settings panel) has a tendency to disappear before I've used it.

The problem is that my mouse goes outside the window - because I don't want the mouse over where I'm about to type - and the window disappears. Frustrating.

It's also frightfully buggy. When editing a blocks background colour, you can't type directly into the settings window - you HAVE TO open the colour picker. If you enter the hex value WITH the hash at the start (e.g. if you copied it from anywhere else in the interface it puts the hash on the value), that doesn't work and the colour reverts to black. You have to open the colour picker THEN ctrl-a to select all in the box, THEN paste in the new value THEN use the arrow keys to go back and remove the hash from the string (because if you click the mouse the window vanishes and the colour reverts to black), THEN move the mouse and click Done (because pressing Enter doesn't do anything). Frustrating.

When selecting text, there is a totally different colour picker. It doesn't have the same selection problem:

My courses often require changing header colours and such. I have a big printout on the wall of the hex codes I use.

I wish the colour picker would remember the last few colours used, rather than presenting me with a predefined swatch of colours that I never click.

Is there any plan to bring consistency to the colour picker system?

2 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.