Recommended start up LMS / LRS

Aug 28, 2020

Hi

We have recently started with articulate, and now we have designed a few courses we need to host them somewhere. We use Rise and Storyline to run virtual teambuilding sessions for corporate clients who usually work with us for 1 day sessions, so they dont need to see or keep the course information.

We dont especially need an LMS, as we give one link to each client for use on one day, but then we need to track the course completion and variables for each team during that session. I am guessing, from my limited knowledge, that we need an LRS, not an LMS, as long as the service also provides a hosting system, uploading courses and launching from a URL.

Please can someone recommend a supplier to do this? I know there are many threads on community about LMS, but most are many years old. What is an up to date suggestion? Since we dont need to keep the data normally any longer than a day, and we dont need fancy reporting, we are looking for something small scale and low cost. We really only have maximum of 20 concurrent users at any time.

I would consider Articulate hosting, but the basic package only allows 10 courses, and because we do events in teams with slightly different content (since you cant do variable branching in Rise) we already have 20 to 30 content items. The storylines we use are normally one slide only, and up to 10 of them are in one Rise course.

7 Replies
Deniz Ilkbasaran

I'm on a similar boat, searching for the right LMS for our Rise course with quizzes. I would like the client to easily give login access to learners, while also tracking learner progress and performance without too much technical hassle/support. The client is a non-profit, so we have a very limited budget. I would like to find an LMS that would allow the client to host other courses in the future as well. Came across TalentLMS which looked very promising, but Rise Scorm packages there can only be units/modules in a course, and not the course itself. Any recommendations for a simple/affordable LMS with minimal learning curve much appreciated! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.