Remove the 'RETRY' button when you pass a Quiz

May 17, 2018

Hi

Is it possible to remove the 'RETRY' button (on the Quiz Results page) if the user passes. I still need it to be there if they fail, and they need to have unlimited attempts.

It just seems unusual to ask them to try again if they've already got it right.

Thanks

18 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Gem,

That's a great question, and I can definitely see where you're coming from. Currently, Rise will display the Retry button until the learner runs out of attempts, even if the learner passed the quiz. 

It sounds like you'd prefer to remove that button once the learner passes the quiz, and I'd be happy to pass that idea along to our product team. Thanks for letting us know how we can make Rise even better for you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tom, thanks for checking in.

Learners will still see the try again button after completing the quiz, no matter the score.

I did want to mention most learning management systems (LMSs) consider a course to be in review mode after meeting the tracking requirement. In review mode, resume data is no longer sent to the LMS, which prevents learners from accidentally changing their course status from complete back to incomplete.

In other words, once a learner meets the completion requirements, i.e. gets a passing score, the score will not change in the LMS on subsequent attempts. I would reach out to your LMS admin to get the specifics on how your LMS handles this.

Monica Langenhoven

Thank you for this feedback. The only issue here is: learner does not know alll these things. It must be obvious to a learner how their score is handled. When they the ''try again'' option, they might think the system is not picking up that they have passed. This is a really important user change. My clients have made a lot of comments about this. 

Chris Roetzer

+1 and x ref a similar/related topic post. I think the community would like the ability to restrict retries upon passing a quiz which makes the most sense however that's achieved by the course author, prolly a simple toggle in quiz settings (something like 'until passed') but would work with the retries setting.

"Thankfully" at present (at least within Docebo), if a user retires a quiz after passing it (which updates the course from In Progress to Completed) and then fails, their completion status and initial passing score stays in tact. The retry answers still get captured though but don't override the original passing score. (At least on my test of this today - used Scorm 2004/ 3rd Ed, the course is set within Rise to mark completion based on the quiz).

Is this already an open feature request? If not can it be please?