Restrict ability to continue to next section until all tabs viewed in Rise 360?

Sep 05, 2019

Is it possible to restrict learner's ability to continue on to the next section until they have viewed every tab in the block and/or lesson?  As I see it now, in preview mode, learner would be able to continue on to the next section without having viewed each tab, or turned each flashcard, or clicked each labeled marker on an image, etc. 

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Amanda!

You can use continue blocks to require learners to complete carousel blocks, checkbox lists, audio blocks, video blocks, accordions, tabs, labeled graphics, processes, sorting activities, flashcards, knowledge checks, and Storyline blocks

While there isn't a way to ensure the learner views every tab in a tabs block, you could design the tabs on a Storyline slide and embed the slide using a Storyline block. Then, require the learner to complete the Storyline content before moving on. 

Natasha Solari

Hi Alyssa,

I would like the learner to watch an embeded video before they continue with the lesson. I have added the 'locked' continue button but it is appearing as unlocked before the learner has even started the video. 

I have tried both the 'Complete block directly above' and the 'Complete all blocks above' completion types. I have also recreated the lesson, adding branding new blocks but nothing is working.

Can you help?

Nicole Noor

Hi there

I'm having similar issue to Natasha. However, mine is related to a PDF document. We want to ensure learners have clicked on the PDF before being able to move onto the next lesson. I have added the continue button and requirements for all blocks to be completed before moving on. However this doesn't work.. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Nicole

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nicole! 

If clicking on a link to open a PDF document is an absolute requirement, then you could build this interaction in a Storyline block! Here's how I envision that working:

1. On a Storyline slide, add a button with a link to the PDF document. 
  2. On the same slide, add this trigger: Complete course when the user clicks the button.
  3.  When you publish your Storyline course to Review 360, choose Track using complete course trigger.

4. Add the Storyline block to your Rise 360 lesson.
  5. Add a continue block after the Storyline block. Be sure to set the Completion Type to require learners to Complete the block(s) above the continue block.

Let me know if that would be an option for you!