Results Screen Changes

Jul 31, 2018

Hi,

There is a need to change the Results screen. The following are the requirements:

1. Customized feedback based on the result. If user passes, he must be given feedback e.g. You have passed the exams etc. and same for incomplete, it must be displayed that you couldn't pass or fail the exams.

2- Could we replace the icons based on the results? like add new icons when user gets passed and different icon when he gets failed.

3- Increase the font size in the results screen

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Hbl L&D,

Thanks for letting us know you have a need to customize the design of the Rise quiz results screen. You've shared some great ideas, and I'm happy to pass this along to our product team.

In the meantime, you can always design your quiz and results slide in Storyline, then embed the Storyline quiz in Rise using a Storyline block. It's something to keep in mind for future courses!

Syed Ali Haider Rizvi

How would I link my Rise Result with Storyline Block.

Supposing, I have completed the assessments on Rise and now how would that result impact in Storyline Block. There must be some variable required so that both of them could communicated to each other.

How would I display my achieved 80% etc. result on Storyline Block.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Hbl L&D,

If you designed the quiz in Storyline, you actually wouldn't need to build the quiz in Rise. 

In Storyline, you'll publish for Articulate 360, click the Tracking property, and choose a tracking option. (If you want to track a quiz score in your LMS, be sure to choose the quiz result option.)

Using a Storyline quiz, the Storyline results slide would be the only results slide in the Rise course. Let me know if you'd like some help setting that up!
Jennifer Sader

I agree that we need some flexibility in the feedback screens. I have a client whose primary brand color is red. When they see the red check in the CORRECT screen, they think it looks incorrect. Being able to customize the color of that icon or even create my own version of correct/incorrect would be helpful. I see that there have not been any updates in a year or so. I just want to insert a question or two for interactivity and it would be cleaner to be able to do it in Rise itself.

Louise Lindop

Please please please Articulate can we have some customizable options on the quiz results slide. Generally I am able to use the 'What to do Next' workaround however if you are limiting the number of attempts and not allowing users to move forward until they complete the previous section, this cannot be used and the users literally get stuck if they fail. I've been using Rise since day 1 and have been hoping for improvements in this area since day 1. 

My course design is

• Section 1 (lesson, lesson, lesson quiz 1)
  • Section 2 (lesson, lesson, lesson quiz 2)
  • Section 3 (lesson, lesson, lesson quiz 3)
  • Section 4 (lesson, lesson, lesson quiz 4)
  • Conclusion

Settings are:

• All quizzes are set to allow 2 retries.
  • Navigation throughout is set to restricted to ensure they stay on track and pass each quiz before proceeding to the next section
  • Course completion requires the passing of quiz 4.

Problem:

• If a user fails any of the quizzes they get stuck on the results slide where we have no ability to give them any instruction or advice or direct them anywhere else.

I'm also a big Storyline user but believe that embedding a Storyline quiz into Rise for basic multiple-choice questioning shouldn't be necessary. We use Rise for its rapid development and fully responsive design and embedding SL interactions defeats the purpose on both counts.

Any ideas, help, advice (or new features) would be appreciated.

Louise Lindop

Thanks Alyssa

I have also put a feature request in.

It would be good to be able to add some text to the screen and an exit button perhaps.

"You didn't pass, you need to do this now (whatever you want them to do goes here). Click Exit."

Right now if they fail their max attempts they are simply stuck with a big cross, no buttons, no instructions, can't move forward, nothing.

Louise

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cat! 

While there isn't a way to insert custom text on the quiz results screen, we have added a more prominent Continue button to help learners know what to do next after they pass the quiz.

Simply select the continue button on the quiz settings page, as shown below. Then, be sure the previous and next buttons are turned on in the course settings.

Finally, preview the entire course (not just the quiz), and you'll see the continue button.

Krystine Hundley

Add me to this. We also have a course that needs instructions on the Quiz results slide for those who fail. I have had to use the Continue button text to provide feedback and that is not a great user experience. Try to fit instructions to exit and inform the user they will be enrolled in a full course soon into 45 characters.  Not easy!

As Matthew states above, it's quite embarrassing to tell a client we can't do something. It's not a reflection of a limiting product, it's a reflection that we can't use the product properly in their mind. 

Using the SL block also won't fit our needs as we need to have Question level and score reporting. Not possible when using SL blocks with SumTotal.  If there is a workaround or way we can just remove this screen, that would be helpful. Thanks!