'RESUME COURSE' button not working as expected

Sep 06, 2019

Hi,

In my Rise activity, the button that shows 'RESUME COURSE' would not go to the section where I was before, but it would just load the first section.

I am attaching the Screen capture and the screenshot of my export settings. Kindly help. 

Thanks and Regards.

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Lohith! Good distinction here:

• If you don't leave the course completely, the Resume button on the course overview page will always start the course with the first lesson.
  • When you leave the course and launch it again from the LMS, the course will automatically pick up at the beginning of the last lesson the learner visited. 

Let me know if you have other questions!

Lohith Savala

Hello, Crystal! Thank you for your response.

I tried to leave the course and launch it again from the LMS, but my course still stated from lesson 1. I even logged out and logged back in to my LMS and tried to launch the course, but the result is the same.

I am not sure if I am doing it the right way. I attached the screen capture of my steps. Please do check them.

Thanks and Regards.

Crystal Horn

Thanks for the images, Lohith. It looked like the first .gif showed the course as having been completed in the LMS at least once before relaunching. 

The resume feature may not work as you'd expect after you meet the completion requirement. Most LMSs consider a course to be in review mode after the tracking requirement has been met.

In review mode, resume data is no longer sent to the LMS, which prevents learners from accidentally changing their course status from Complete back to Incomplete. See this article for more information

If that's not what's happening, however, we can have a closer look! Feel free to start a one-on-one conversation with my team here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.