Resume Course in Rise

Nov 30, 2018

I have published a Rise course in our LMS as I do with Storyline but if I leave the Rise course and return, I didn't get the option to resume where I left off as I do with Storyline.

Is this feature available in Rise or just in Storyline?  I have previously used Rise for very short courses.

Thanks, David

7 Replies
Ree Walker-Greer

Hi there Martika - 

I'm almost at the state of uploading my E-Learning course into our LMS. However, a few stakeholders have shared that in the past they have received feedback from our learners that when they come back to resume the course where they left off; they are required to start the course from the beginning. I want to reassure the stakeholders that the learners will be able to resume from where they left off. Is there a particular setting that I need to enable in Rise Settings to ensure that the learner has this as an option? 

I'm using SCORM Cloud as my training delivery system; and it supports the import and delivery of SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 (2nd, 3rd, & 4th editions), xAPI, AICC, and cmi5.

Karl Muller

If you are publishing your course using one of the SCORM options, and your LMS supports that specific SCORM option, then learner progress data should be stored in the LMS account for each learner. When the learner resumes, their previous data should be loaded from their account reflecting the status of where they previously left off. 

I'm a bit confused when you say that "I'm using SCORM Cloud as my training delivery system", as SCORM cloud is purely a testing system, not a LMS.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.