Resume function no longer works

Jun 21, 2021

Hi,   

I have developed content in Rise which does not seem to record where the learner has been (ie when the learner closes out of the content, their progress is not recorded, so when they return to the Unit, it looks as if they have not completed any lessons).  I don't want the learner to progress in any particular order so the navigation is 'free', so having the lessons they have done to be marked as completed is important for this particular course.

I have tried publishing in all formats, and I have used different browsers (Chrome, Opera, Edge) and VLEs (Moodle and Sakai), and the templates available in Rise (in case I turned something off in my course) but it doesn't seem to track anymore.  There are other discussions on this topic, which suggests adding an Exit button, which doesn't work at all when you pop the course out of the VLE.  Would anyone have a resolution or a workaround for this issue?  Thanks,   

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sinead. I'm sorry that's happening! I did a quick test using a course exported for SCORM 2004, hosted on SCORM Cloud. I was able to resume after closing the course both by closing the window and by using the Exit Course button. My progress was intact.

Can you confirm what happens if you export for LMS and host on SCORM Cloud? We are happy to help with this process, too! You can connect with us directly to privately share your output by clicking here

Sinead Spain

Hi Crystal, 

I exported this course for Scorm 2001 (V.4) and embedded it on a lesson page on my VLE, I can access and navigate the lessons, but the exit button is visible but does nothing on both the content embedded in the lessons tool, and when I choose "open in new window" option.  I need to test this on a different VLE (Moodle) to see if it is my VLE, or if there is another issue.  Thank you for your help.  S

Sinead Spain

I am still working through this, I exported my existing file as a SCORM output (V4 and V2) and a template from the Rise library in case there was something wrong with my file.  The exit option appears, but does not work, and there is no tracking/resume progress.  When I try the same file in SCORM cloud, the tracking (resuming the course) does work, so I am starting to thin it could be a VLE issue or maybe a GDPR restriction - would you know if it could be the latter?

Renz Sevilla

Hi Sinead! Thanks for testing this on your end! Sounds like your VLE/LMS might be the issue if the course works fine in SCORM Cloud. SCORM Cloud follows industry standards and should help narrow things down.

I would suggest turning on Debug Mode for your Rise 360 course and export this again for testing. You can then share the logs with your LMS admin so they can assist you with this. If they need additional clarifications from our team, we can work with them privately through a case by clicking here