Resume Storyline in Rise

Jun 09, 2020

Hi

Could I get storyline blocks to resume in Rise if I added it as an iframe from the place it as published to?

What are the states that are supposed to be remembered when resuming normally? Like, which slide you are on? What the states of objects are? Timeline position?

Thanks

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi Sam,

It looks like that could work! I tested hosting the Storyline interaction on Amazon S3, adding it to an embed block, and then exporting my Rise 360 course for web. I hosted the entire Rise 360 course on S3 as well. When I refreshed the lesson with the Storyline interaction, Storyline prompted me to resume. The same behavior happened when I navigated to a different lesson, and then returned to the lesson containing the Storyline interaction.

When resuming, Storyline will return to the beginning of the timeline of the last slide you were on. Previously completed slides should have saved object states and variable values.

You'll want to test on your end, too. It may work differently if the course is hosted in an LMS because the Storyline interaction is "buried" within yet another framework, but it looks like the resume behavior of Storyline works in web output.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.