Reuse image from elsewhere in course?

Aug 17, 2020

When developing content, I often have a back and forth with clients about which interaction is best. This means swapping from say a timeline to a process interaction, or delete an item, go through review, only to bring it back again.

When choosing images, I have to either search for the exact file again, or upload the original again (if I can remember what it was in my extensive stock libraries). Most of the time I end up downloading it from the page the re-uploading it.

Surely it wouldn't be a difficulty to introduce a "copy image from ..." option to the media source drop down?

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for the idea, Tim! I can see how that would save you a lot of time. I'll submit that feature request for you.

While Rise doesn't have a feature like that right now, here's an easy way to access all the image files used in your course. You may want to follow this process each time you send a draft to stakeholders for review.

1. Export the course for Web.
  2. Open the zipped output folder, and you'll find another folder called "assets." All of the image files can be found inside that folder. 
  3. Scroll through the images in the assets folder until you find the one you need. Move that image to your desktop.
  4. Upload the image to your Rise course.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.