RISE 360 and LMS CANVAS

Oct 12, 2020

Hi just wondering has anyone experienced issues with posting a RISE 360 SCORM in LMS CANVAS.  It uploads correctly but I cannot transfer it into the Assignment section to make it available to students. I believe assignments is the only way I can upload it to CANVAS. Please let me know if that is not the case. 

Also as I could not make it available I shared a link to the course but does this have a limit to the number of users? 

Many thanks Colette 

6 Replies
Aisling Mooney

I'm having the same issue today. 

I had no issues last week but now the package seems to get stuck when I try to upload it and doesn't appear in assignments. 

It seems that Instructure may have done updates to SCORM over the weekend to fix the gradebook issue, so this could have be why it is not working now.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi folks! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading your content to Canvas LMS. To be sure it's not a Rise 360 problem, you can always test the content in SCORM Cloud. If it uploads successfully, that would suggest that it may be a Canvas LMS-related issue.

If you'd like some help testing your content, send us your LMS output files here. We'll keep them private and delete them when we're done troubleshooting!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Lucy! Tell me more about the problem you're seeing in Canvas LMS. Are your students completing their courses, but the completion status isn't being recorded?

If so, try adding an Exit Course button or link to your course. There are two ways you can do that:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the course again after adding the Exit Course button or link, and let me know if that resolves the issue!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.