Rise 360 and mobiles on a lms

Apr 15, 2020

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice. I have build a course on Rise 360, I published it as a SCORM to my LMS (Moodle). The course is tracking fine from the SCORM to the progress bar and digital badges when using a desktop computer however, it does not report my progress/completion when i use an iPhone/iPad.  Is this normal? I thought it was a mobile friendly software?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Lorena!

I would suggest uploading the course output file to SCORM Cloud, and LMS testing tool. Then, test the course from your mobile device to see if completion data is reported correctly to SCORM Cloud.

This will help you determine if the issue lies within your LMS or the Rise 360 output file. If you would like some help with that testing, send us a copy of your output file, and we'll take a look!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, John. Is the course reporting no information, or incorrect information when it's taken from Moodle on an iOS device? The course should report incomplete until the completion requirement is met, and it should resume where it left off if you leave the course early.

Let me know what you're seeing, and we'll be happy to help!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, John!

It looks like you've included a Storyline block quiz in your course, is that right? 

You can track the quiz score of a Storyline block quiz by choosing the quiz tracking option when you publish from Storyline to Review 360, and then choosing to track the Rise course by the Storyline block. This article (with screenshots) explains how to do exactly that.

In that scenario, the quiz score should be sent to the LMS. Have a look at that article I linked, and let me know if it's helpful!
Mark Wilson

Has there been any update on this issue? We've been having issues with mobile users on our LMS who aren't getting their scores recorded.

I've tested the course on Scorm Cloud and got some interesting results. When I share the course invite link with myself it works fine if I open the link in Safari (I register, the course opens, my score is recorded) but when I open the link it chrome it appears to work but when I check the reporting on Scorm Cloud it knows that I registered but there is no record of me opening or completing the course.

Does that means some browsers just seem to lose connection with the LMS so know data is recorded?

I should mention that the course works fine on the computer.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. You mentioned you've been having issues with mobile users on your LMS who aren't getting their scores recorded. Do you know what mobile browsers they are using? 

You also said the course works fine on the computer — are you referring to the course in your LMS? If so, what desktop web browsers did you use for testing?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.