Rise 360 and Peek is it easier to create in Peek first then bring it in to Rise 360 and edit?

Aug 29, 2019

I saw an article by Nicole Legault about recording video in Peek then bringing that video into Rise360 to edit.  Is that the easiest way to do this, or should I just start with Rise 360?   

She mentioned getting rid of the audio from Peek and then recording audio in Rise 360.   Any comments?  New user here and I just want to do this the most efficient way possible. 

thanks!

Kim 

9 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kim! I'm so glad you're working with all of the different apps in Articulate 360.

Rise 360 allows you to insert video and audio files. You can also record audio in Rise 360. There isn't a way to edit media in Rise 360 however. Did Nicole mention Replay 360 in her article?

Replay 360 allows you to add media to two tracks, making it a little easier to mix video and audio files and create a single .mp4 to insert into your e-learning projects. Let me know what you think!

Nicole Legault

Hi there Kim!

Thanks for posting your question here.  I saw your comment on my article and left a reply there, but thought I would follow up here on Crystal's (very helpful!) reply.

I do often record in Peek first and then bring my Peek video into Replay 360 to make minor edits if required. Personally, I find it best to record my audio separately, after I'm done recording the video part. OI just works better for me that way. You can try it out and see if it works for you! Once you've got your video just the way you want it in Replay 360, you can export that to a MP4 format video, and then bring that video into your Rise 360 courses. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions :)

Kim Markey

Nicole
Can I record audio and video separately in Replay 360? Or is that only possible if I record both in Peek, bring it into Replay 360, delete the old audio and record over my video?

Thanks!
Kim

[Zimmer Biomet - The Power of Us]

Kim Markey
Senior Trainer
574-371-9969 Direct
574-306-7236 Mobile
kim.markey@zimmerbiomet.com

[http://sample.fai2.com/zb-signatures/ZBLogo.png]

Kim Markey

I am just trying to record in Replay 360 for the first time and now I cannot replay what I just recorded. A teammate of mine told me my replay button is hiding behind the A, B, A/B and B/A buttons. How do I fix this?

Ps....I was recording a powerpoint slide in Slide Show mode. Did that mess it up? Can I record a powerpoint slide show? When I was in replay 360, I could not advance to the next slide.

Thanks so much for your help!
Kim

[cid:image003.png@01D58365.541426C0][cid:image004.jpg@01D58365.541426C0]

[Zimmer Biomet - The Power of Us]

Kim Markey
Senior Trainer
574-371-9969 Direct
574-306-7236 Mobile
kim.markey@zimmerbiomet.com

[http://sample.fai2.com/zb-signatures/ZBLogo.png]

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kim. We found an issue where Replay 360 video controls overlap if you're using a display scaling setting of 150% or 175% (also known as DPI). Does that match your setup?

If not, we can work closely with you to find out what's happening!

Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your email signature with contact information in the public discussion.  You can edit it out of the post here if you wish!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.