Rise 360 attachment to open in new tab

Feb 27, 2019

Hi!

I'm wondering if there's a way to have files in Rise 360 attachment block open in a new tab. While using the web preview function, they do open in a separate tab, but when I exported the project as SCORM to use it in LMS, the attached file opens in the same window. This is confusing for the learner as they need to click the back button in the browser to return to the course. It is possible to open files in a new tab when right clicking, but it's not the default.

Thanks for your help.

Orsi

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Orsi,

I'm sorry you're running into a problem here! 

It sounds like this may be an LMS-related issue. To figure out where the issue stems from, I recommend uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.