Rise 360 - Duplicating module (stuck with message "processing"

Jun 27, 2019

Hi, 

We are having issues today with duplicating Rise modules (this is happening to more than one use at different locations/different internet connections).  When we try to duplicate it just hangs with the message "Processing course".  Normally there are no issue with this.

Are you aware of an issue with this?

Thanks.

Julian

11 Replies
Julian Stubbs

Hi Peter,

I suspect that an update has been made to Rise.  It seems you can now only duplicate courses if you are the OWNER. Previously I think I could duplicate courses if I was ADMINISTRATOR.

Try getting the ownership transferred to you and see if you can duplicate.

See attached screenshot. I was able to duplicate "Enhanced Scheduling" which I own, but not a course I was admin on (which is the one with the message "Processing course".

Simon Champion

Hi Dan - Julian and I found out that this is a software update and that you can't duplicate modules now unless you are the owner whereas before you could if you were an admin.

You will need to get the owner to duplicate the module for you and if necessary give you ownership depending on how you are working in your project

Dan Fletcher

Really? Why in the world would they take that functionality away? The course owner is out on a family emergency and now I have no way of duplicating this course so that I can start working on testing the translation functionality. 

Articulate - why did you make this change? And if it's intentional, why would you not have the system pop up a message saying that you're not allowed to duplicate (or take away that option in the interface altogether) rather than making a placeholder for a duplicate course that just keeps saying "Processing"? 

I really hope you decide to put this functionality back in.

Dan Fletcher

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.