Rise 360 for job instructions

Jun 05, 2019

I would like to try using Rise to create step by step instructions with diagrams and videos.   Not sure if this is the right Articulate product to use though.  Also, I wanted to add a picture with hotspots, but it would not allow me to edit the picture - it would only add the stock photo that comes with Rise.   I use Internet Explorer at work, does Rise work better with Chrome?   Also, does Rise have revision control built in?   Thanks!!  Janet

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Janet,

You can use either Rise or Storyline for this, or a combination of both.

The link below will take you to a quick example (basic info on using MS Word) that I created for another similar enquiry . In this Rise example, the course contains an introduction, a section on navigating the screen (using a Labelled Graphic block) and finally a guide to creating a new document, which is split into two parts.

The first part uses an Accordion block and the second part uses a Storyline block to provide a video guide (very short demo, in this case), which uses both notes overlays and text-to-speech. I have also included a copy of the Storyline file as an attachment so that you can see how I put that together.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/NsOqCXGQqxVkRdTjFDU1Ws-mUWapBW1t

With regards to your other query, this is one that regularly catches people out. You may not be aware that there are in fact two Edit buttons for Labelled Graphic blocks (don't ask me why this is!). As well as the Edit button on the left hand side of the screen at the top of the block, there is also a second one below the centre of the default image and it is this one that you need to click in order to download a new image:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.