Rise 360 for new software training

Apr 12, 2019

Hey there Articulate Community,

After being off the Storyline bandwagon for a few years, I'm back and ready to engage learners using Rise and Storyline combinations (if necessary) to create an interactive learning experience that is simple, straight-forward, and secure.

My client is a therapy software start-up and they had a few questions that I wanted to pose to this helpful group:

1. Is there a way to incorporate a status or accomplishment bar throughout the course? (I did happen to see someone recently post this in Storyline, is it available in Rise or would I need to combo this somehow?)

2. Can we have learners create a test scenario using our beta system in a Rise and/or Storyline course? (The desire/goal is to make sure they are competent before moving forward to the next, the best option would be to have them practice adding/removing, etc.)

3. What does the security look like for a Rise 360 course? We want to ensure our clients that what they play with in the course is secure (I would ideally set this up with practice sheets so there is less risk)

4. We are considering an LMS and I have worked with many. The $50k budget is not there, however. Does anyone have a few suggestions on an affordable (up to $10k) LMS they have used that marries nicely with Articulate courses? I had thought of Moodle...

A big THANK YOU to anyone who can address even one of these inquiries.  I'm looking to utilize this community as much as I can, as well as soak up the webinars, in order to deliver the best option for my clients.

Sera~

4 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Sera,

Glad to hear you're back on the Articulate bandwagon :) Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Is there a way to incorporate a status or accomplishment bar throughout the course? (I did happen to see someone recently post this in Storyline, is it available in Rise or would I need to combo this somehow?)

• Rise 360 has a progress bar that's included automatically, so there's nothing special you need to do there.
  • You can certainly add a progress bar into your Storyline 360 course. Here's a video created by a community member that shows one way of doing that. 

2. Can we have learners create a test scenario using our beta system in a Rise and/or Storyline course? (The desire/goal is to make sure they are competent before moving forward to the next, the best option would be to have them practice adding/removing, etc.)

Can you give me a little more context here? I'm not sure I understand what it is you're wanting to do.

3. What does the security look like for a Rise 360 course? We want to ensure our clients that what they play with in the course is secure (I would ideally set this up with practice sheets so there is less risk)

Our Trust Center explains our approach to security and data protection, and here are a few highlights:
  • All Articulate services are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the us-east-1 region located in northern Virginia in the United States.
  • AWS is an extremely reliable hosting provider with track records of 99.5-99.9% uptime in a rolling monthly window.
  • We make frequent automated backups of customer data and have implemented up-to-the-minute recovery options where feasible. We store backups in a redundant way and test our recovery frequently to reduce the likelihood of data loss and minimize downtime in a large-scale disaster.
  • We also host your data across multiple AWS server storage facilities. This means more than one data center could be offline simultaneously and you wouldn't lose access to Articulate 360 apps.
  • In the event of a disaster, we have processes in place to rebuild our entire data infrastructure and restore service as quickly as possible.

If you have other specific concerns about data security, we have a compliance team devoted to answering these kinds of questions.  Feel free to reach out!

4. We are considering an LMS and I have worked with many. The $50k budget is not there, however. Does anyone have a few suggestions on an affordable (up to $10k) LMS they have used that marries nicely with Articulate courses? I had thought of Moodle...

I will have to defer to the community for this one! I don't have any specific LMS recommendations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sera Turner

Allison,

You've answered many of my questions here very thoroughly, thank you!

To clarify on one point of inquiry:

2. Can we have learners create a test scenario using our beta system in a Rise and/or Storyline course? **This pertains to embedding or offering a way for learners to watch a video, interact by pressing numbered prompts on an image for further information, then ALSO having a chance to go into a test environment scenario and actually add or manipulate the test information to showcase their understanding of the processes they've just learned about.

EX: I'm Sera the student, going through the Rise 360 Migration Education online learning course. Within the course are several modules that offer different learning objectives. The 1st module requires me to watch a video or two before moving to the next module. Module 2 requires me to hover my mouse over numbered areas on an image, click that number, and learn more about that area highlighted. The Module 3 requires me to engage in the test system environment (HERE lies my inquiry - could we embed a beta environment?) and go through the steps I learned in Modules 1 & 2 and put them to practice in the beta environment. I cannot move to Module 4 without completing this. The progress bar shows me how I'm doing.

Regarding the security, those are great pieces of info to have. I'm more thinking of HIPPA compliance and personal data protection...If you have more knowledge on this front, great. Otherwise I will probably reach out to the team from the hyperlink you provided.

Thanks again!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Sera,

By Beta test environment, are you talking about a software system? If so, you may be able to do that via the embed block. If that doesn't work, you could try embedding it in a Storyline 360 project using a web object and inserting that in your Rise 360 course via the Storyline block. 

I'm sorry, but I don't have any information about HIPPA compliance or personal data protection, you'll need to reach out to our compliance team.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.