Rise (360) Hyperlink button needs to open in new window

Apr 03, 2019

I have read the comments on Rise and hyperlinks. What I didn't see was anything on forcing the hyperlink to open in a new window so that participants will have another window with the course open to return to later. 

Example: User clicks hyperlinked button to watch video on separate website. Using Chrome, the video opens and closes the course tab. 

Suggestions? 

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Fredia,

I just tried this out and my links are opening in a new tab automatically. If you're testing this out on an LMS, it's possible that it's your LMS that's controlling how this works.

I would try uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior.

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.