Rise 360 + LMS (Scorm 1.2) quiz results

Mar 02, 2020

I've exported a quiz in Rise 360 to a SCORM 1.2 file and uploaded into our LMS (Cornerstone on Demand). Upon completing the course, Im unable to see the quiz results from the individual learner. Can you please help me set the SCORM file up appropriately to capture this data in our LMS? I've attached the export settings. 

8 Replies
Karl Muller

Joshua, your course settings are correct.

What learner data is recorded is determined entirely by your LMS. Each LMS does things differently, and quite often very little learner data is recorded. 

For example,.the LMS that we use does not record the actual quiz results. All we know is that the  learner passed the quiz based on the percentage set in the Rise quiz. 

You need to confirm with Cornerstone if the quiz results from the individual learner are actually being recorded.

alan coe

I'm interested in the same topic. In Rise if I select in export settings "track using quiz result" and in my quiz, I set 80% and above as 'pass,' am I going to be able to see who aced the quiz with 100%? And if someone failed am I going to see how bad they failed? Because further down on the settings I see "Reporting" as various versions of pass/no pass.

Because Karl Muller wrote "What learner data is recorded is determined entirely by your LMS." and yet in the Rise export settings, there seems to be parameters on what's recorded. Thanks Karl and Crystal.

Crystal Horn

Sure thing, Alan.

Rise 360 will tell the LMS whether the course was completed, whether it was passed, and the score of the quiz that was tracked. Rise also sends this quiz data to your LMS. We go in-depth on how the reporting statuses work, too.

How each LMS may report on this data varies. For example, your LMS might give you reporting options for all of the users taking a particular content item, or you may have to look at learner scores individually.

alan coe

Thank you Crystal and Karl! I understand now thanks to both of you.

I guess if you're in a large organization setting, one can't necessarily choose their LMS. But the idea that a school for instance has an LMS that only lets a teacher see pass/fail seems wrong to me. That student who takes the time to really look at the material and does exceptionally well, won't be recognized. I'm a new moodle user right now. If I find that moodle does that, I may jump to another LMS.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kimberly! Does the course contain an Exit Course button or link? 

Some LMS's won't receive completion data unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the course again after adding the Exit Course button or link, and let me know if that resolves the issue!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.